RV series Characteristics
- RV – Sizes:–150
- Input Options: with input shaft, With Square flange,With Input Flange
- Input Power 0.06 to 11 kW
- RV-Size from 030 to 105 in die-cast aluminium alloy budy and over 110 in cast iron
- Ratios between 5 and 100
- Max torque 1550 N.m and admissible output radial loads max 8771 N
- Aluminium units are supplied complete with synthetic oil and allow for universal mounting positions, with no need to modify lubricant quantity
- Worm wheel: Copper (KK Cu).
- Loading capacity in accordance with: ISO 9001:2015/GB/T 19001-2016
- Size 030 and over are painted with RAL 5571 blue
- Worm gear reducers are available with diffferent combinations: NMRV+NMRV, NMRVpower+NMRV, JWB+NMRV
- NMRV, NRV+VS,NMRV+AS,NMRV+VS,NMRV+F
- Options: torque arm, output flange, viton oil seals, low/high temperature oil, filling/drain/breather/level plug,Small gap
Basic models can be applied to a wide range of power reduction ratios from 5 to 1000.
Warranty: One year from date of delivery.
|Output Speed Range:
|Output Shaft Dia.
|Applicable Motor Power:
|With Inline AC Motor
|With Square flange
|With Input Shaft
|With Input Flange
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was a state-owned military mould enterprise, was established in 1965. CHINAMFG specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CHINAMFG and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective measures
to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the product
is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Distribution Power, Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Common Problems and Troubleshooting for Worm Gearboxes
Worm gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can experience various issues over time. Here are some common problems that may arise and possible troubleshooting steps:
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to factors such as inadequate lubrication, excessive loads, or high operating temperatures. Check lubrication levels, ensure proper ventilation, and reduce loads if necessary.
- Noise and Vibration: Excessive noise and vibration may result from misalignment, worn gears, or improper meshing. Check for misalignment, inspect gear teeth for wear, and ensure proper gear meshing.
- Leakage: Oil leakage can be caused by damaged seals or gaskets. Inspect seals and gaskets, and replace them if necessary.
- Reduced Efficiency: Efficiency loss can occur due to friction, wear, or misalignment. Regularly monitor gearbox performance, ensure proper lubrication, and address any wear or misalignment issues.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash can affect precision and accuracy. Adjust gear meshing and reduce backlash to improve performance.
- Seizure or Binding: Seizure or binding can result from inadequate lubrication, debris, or misalignment. Clean the gearbox, ensure proper lubrication, and address misalignment issues.
- Worn Gears: Worn gear teeth can lead to poor performance. Regularly inspect gears for signs of wear, and replace worn gears as needed.
- Seal Wear: Seals can wear over time, leading to leakage and contamination. Inspect seals regularly and replace them if necessary.
If you encounter any of these problems, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage and maintain the performance of your worm gearbox. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and addressing issues early can help extend the lifespan and reliability of the gearbox.
How to Calculate the Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gearbox involves determining the ratio of output power to input power. Efficiency is a measure of how well the gearbox converts input power into useful output power without losses. Here’s how to calculate it:
- Step 1: Measure Input Power: Measure the input power (Pin) using a power meter or other suitable measuring equipment.
- Step 2: Measure Output Power: Measure the output power (Pout) that the gearbox is delivering to the load.
- Step 3: Calculate Efficiency: Calculate the efficiency (η) using the formula: Efficiency (η) = (Output Power / Input Power) * 100%
For example, if the input power is 1000 watts and the output power is 850 watts, the efficiency would be (850 / 1000) * 100% = 85%.
It’s important to note that efficiencies can vary based on factors such as gear design, lubrication, wear, and load conditions. The calculated efficiency provides insight into how effectively the gearbox is converting power, but it’s always a good practice to refer to manufacturer specifications for gearbox efficiency ratings.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-10-09